135 Student Center
5221 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202
fax: (313) 577-3520
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Online Student Center Reservations are now available!
Student organizations and departments can make reservations online. Visit: https://ems.studentcenter.wayne.edu for more information.
Hold your next meeting, conference or special event at the Student Center. The facility has rooms to accommodate a variety of needs for any size group. Some meeting rooms are set in pre-arranged formats and others are flexible. Literature tables, showcases, vendor tables and some campus lounges may also be reserved. Student Center Reservations also processes requests for bake sales in State Hall, Student Center, General Lectures and Old Main. A reservations consultant can assist you with the planning of your event and with your audio/visual equipment needs.
Flexible meeting rooms:
Lower Level: 29, 16
Second Floor: Hilberry A/B/C, Ballroom (view 1, view 2)
Pre-set meeting rooms:
786: Workshop style seating; 24 people
299: : Conference style seating; 15 – 20 people
289: Theater style seating; stage; 128 people
283: Tablet armchair seating; 23 people
281: Conference style seating; 10 people
277: Tablet armchair seating; 32 people
261: Tablet armchair seating; 48 people
To view floorplans of the Lower Level, First Floor and Second Floor of the Student Center, click here.
Making a Reservation:
For the most up to date reservation policies and procedures, please contact a reservations consultant.
University Departments and Recognized Student Organizations: may request Student Center space online:
1. Logon to PIPELINE
2. Click on Student Center Reservations and complete the online request form
Recognized Student Organizations: An Event Planning Form (EPF) must be completed for most requests for space. Bring the EPF to the Reservations Office once it has been completed and approved by a Dean of Students Office Advisor.
External Clients, University Department and Recognized Student Organizations: may email, call or visit the Reservations Office for space and pricing information.
- Spaces for meetings with both flexible and permanent room arrangements
- Student Center and Community Arts Auditorium audio visual equipment and furnishings (view price guide)
- Student Center literature tables
- Student Center and State Hall showcases (view showcase measurements)
- Student Center vendor tables (view vendor information)
- Community Arts Auditorium (CAA)
- Located at 450 Reuther Mall
- Seating for 561 guests
- Policies and prices for university departments (view PDF)
- Policies and prices for recognized student
organizations (view PDF)
- Policies and prices for non-university programs
- St. Andrew's Hall (view 1, view 2)
- Located at 918 Ludington Mall
- Policies and prices (view PDF)
- Some campus lounges
- Keast Commons
- Gullen Mall
- Bake sale locations in State Hall, Student Center, General Lectures and Old Main
- Student Center cancellation and no show policy (view DOC)