Below are the policies associated with each space available for reservation:
Student Center policies
St. Andrew's Hall policies
Community Arts Auditorium policies
Student Center Food Policy - Effective January 12, 2015
- All food service must be catered through Wayne State Dining Services in the Student Center Ballroom. If your food purchase is under $200.00, you may fill out a Request for a Food Waiver form here or in the Student Center Administration office, located in Suite 011 Student Center.
- Organizations may bring in their own non-perishable snacks for a meeting/event in all rooms except the Student Center Ballroom. Non-perishable snacks include chips, candy bars, soft drinks, donuts, cookies, cupcakes and sheet cakes. Food that requires refrigeration or heat to maintain proper health regulation temperature is prohibited.
- The sole provider for food service, including snacks, of over $200.00 in any university owned building on the Main Campus and/or Medical/Pharmacy campus or Wayne State University owned building in the City of Detroit is Wayne State Dining Services. A request for waiver form to this rule can be requested through Wayne State Dining Services,which is located in McGregor Memorial Conference Center.
- All food purchased/donated for the meeting/event must be less than $200.00.The cost of donated foods must be estimated by the retail purchase price of the items.
- No equipment for heating food can be brought into any meeting and/or conference rooms, with the exception of food served by Wayne State Dining Services.
St. Andrew's Hall and Community Arts Food Policy - Effective November 1, 2014
- All food/beverage MUST be provided by WSU Dining Services. A request for waiver form to this rule can be requested through Wayne State Dining Services.
Reservations make use of many services such as room set-up, audio-visual assistance, food service, building management and maintenance. Furthermore, staff members spend a considerable amount of time processing the paperwork involved in such requests.
Failure to cancel a reservation at least one full business day prior to the scheduled event or not showing up to claim the space within 30 minutes of the reserved start time may result in the assessment of an administrative fee. The fee will be determined based on room type, equipment ordered and labor involved.
A history of cancellations and/or no-shows may result in refused future reservation requests for the remainder of the semester in which the infractions occur and upon review of either the Dean of Students Office advisor or the director of the Student Center.
Download a PDF copy
Any group requesting to serve alcohol must follow the steps below:
- Groups may not bring their own alcohol into at any University owned building on the Main Campus or Medical/Pharmacy Campus or WSU owned building in the City of Detroit.
- Must fill out a Request to Serve Alcohol form provided by WSU Dining Services.
- Must hire WSU Dining Services to purchase and serve the alcohol.
- No admission fees can be charged if alcohol is being served at an event in Student Center Building.