To keep our Warrior community safe, the Student Center has increased our cleaning and sanitizing frequency and have installed sanitizer and wipe stations throughout the building for your use.
While we have taken steps to protect you, we ask that you do your part to be Warrior Safe while enjoying your time in the Student Center by adhering to the following:
- All students, faculty and staff are required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccines, boosters and flu vaccine.
- All patrons must have completed the campus daily screener before entering the Student Center.
- Face coverings are required in all public areas of the Student Center for all guests regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings may be removed only while actively eating or drinking.
- Practice social distancing in all areas of the Student Center when possible. We ask that you do not gather with large groups or move furniture as we have reduced seating for our Warrior family's health.
Beginning on March 11, masks will be optional in other indoor public spaces and at small gatherings and meetings at the discretion and comfort of the participants. Masks are also optional at off-campus university events. The Campus Health Committee may still require masks be worn at certain on-campus events anticipating 50+ attendees.
For the most up-to-date campus conditions, visit: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus.
We are now accepting reservations for Spring/Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 for Student Center managed spaces outdoor (Gullen Mall, Keast Commons, St. Andrew's Lawn) and indoor (Student Center, McGregor Memorial Conference Center, St. Andrews and Community Arts). Visit: https://studentcenter.wayne.edu/reservations to make a reservation.
Below are the current event guidelines provided by our Campus Health Committee (CHC):
- Indoor events with 50 or more people require the prior approval of the Campus Health Committee, (general COVID-19 mitigation strategies stil apply). Your Student Center event coordinator will submit for approval on your behalf.
- Indoor events with less than 50 people do not require prior approval.
- Need to request approval for a non-Student Center-managed space? The Campus Health Committee Event Request Form can be found here: https://forms.wayne.edu/61166d8a3518b/
- Outdoor events with 100 or more people require the prior approval of the Campus Health Committee.
- Outdoor events with less than 100 people do not require prior approval.
- Tents can be used but adding walls requires us to treat them as indoor spaces.
- Rain locations for outdoor events larger than 30 people are not allowed without prior approval from the Campus Health Committee. All large-scale events should plan to be held outdoors, rain or shine.
- Outside groups and organizations are allowed on campus as long as they follow campus protocols (campus daily screener, masks, etc).
Our reservation staff will work with each request to safely plan your event. We ask that you consider booking a larger space than normal to accommodate social distancing. These tentative reservations are not guaranteed as the Student Center will abide by social distancing and capacity policies.
Please be mindful that we may have to alter or cancel your reservation as final decisions will be made based on the academic needs, health, and safety of our community. We appreciate your flexibility and patience as we navigate the upcoming school year.
Due to the Public Health Committee's recommendations, many offices across campus are working remotely and may have modified office hours. Please contact the department to learn more about their operating hours. The following areas within the Student Center remain open:
- Lower Level
- C&IT Help Desk (view hours)
- Student Center Reservations
- Student Center Graphics
- First Floor
- ATMs, FedEx and UPS Drop-offs, and the OneCard Self-Service Center
- Food Court - hours may vary week to week. Learn more.
- The Information Desk, and Lost and Found (during all open building hours)
- The Midtown Market
- Second Floor
- Lounge Spaces: Please do not move furniture and practice social distancing when possible.
- Third Floor
- Study lounge areas: Please do not move furniture and practice social distancing when possible.
- The Reflection Room. The Reflection Room has reduced capacity for your health and safety. Please adhere to posted capacities. Additionally, shared equipment has been removed to reduce shared contact with others.
- Dean of Students Office (view hours)
Please contact individual departments for hours, services, and other information.
For questions and concerns, please contact the Student Center Administration by calling 313-577-4585 or by emailing email@example.com.