To keep our Warrior community safe, the Student Center has increased our cleaning and sanitizing frequency and have installed sanitizer and wipe stations throughout the building for your use. Additionally, we have introduced state of the art self-sanitizing surfaces on all public door handles to mitigate the spread of germs.
While we have taken steps to protect you, we ask that you do your part to be Warrior Safe while enjoying your time in the Student Center by adhering to the following:
- All patrons must have completed the campus daily screener before entering the Student Center.
- Face coverings are required in all public areas of the Student Center for all guests who are not fully vaccinated. Face coverings may be removed while actively eating at a table.
- Practice social distancing in all areas of the Student Center when possible. We ask that you do not gather with large groups or move furniture as we have reduced seating for our Warrior family's health.
We are now accepting reservations for Spring/Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 for Student Center managed spaces outdoor (Gullen Mall, Keast Commons, St. Andrew's Lawn) and indoor (Student Center, McGregor Memorial Conference Center, St. Andrews and Community Arts). Visit: https://studentcenter.wayne.edu/reservations to make a reservation.
Below are the current event guidelines provided by our Campus Health Committee:
- Outdoor events of any size are now approved to take place currently – no special approvals needed (unless of a large Festifall level which are special circumstances).
- Outdoor events are allowed without masking/social distancing restrictions.
- Tents can be used but adding walls requires us to treat them as indoor spaces.
- Rain locations for outdoor events larger than 30 people are not allowed without prior approval from the Campus Health Committee. All large-scale events should plan to be held outdoors, rain or shine.
- Indoor events larger than 30 people require the consent of the Campus Health Committee. Events under 30 people are allowed to occur in all indoor venues without masks and do not require prior approval, (unvaccinated guests should continue to wear masks).
- Outside groups and organizations are allowed on campus as long as they follow campus protocols (campus daily screener, masks, etc).
Our reservation staff will work with each request to safely plan your event. We ask that you consider booking a larger space than normal to accommodate social distancing. These tentative reservations are not guaranteed as the Student Center will abide by social distancing and capacity policies.
Please be mindful that we may have to alter or cancel your reservation as final decisions will be made based on the academic needs, health, and safety of our community. We appreciate your flexibility and patience as we navigate the upcoming school year.
Due to the Public Health Committee's recommendations, many offices across campus are working remotely and may have modified office hours. Please contact the department to learn more about their operating hours. The following areas within the Student Center remain open:
- Lower Level
- C&IT Help Desk (view hours)
- SCGraphics (by appointment only)
- Student Center Reservations
- First Floor
- ATMs, FedEx and UPS Drop-offs, and the OneCard Self-Service Center
- Food Court - hours may vary week to week. Learn more.
- The Information Desk, and Lost and Found (during all open building hours)
- Michigan First Credit Union
- The Midtown Market
- Second Floor
- Lounge Spaces: Please do not move furniture and practice social distancing when possible.
- Third Floor
- Study lounge areas: Please do not move furniture and practice social distancing when possible.
- The Reflection Room. The Reflection Room has reduced capacity for your health and safety. Please adhere to posted capacities. Additionally, shared equipment has been removed to reduce shared contact with others.
- Dean of Students Office (view hours)
- Upper Floors 4-7
Please contact individual departments for hours, services, and other information.
For questions and concerns, please contact the Student Center Administration by calling 313-577-4585 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.